Are you passionate about environmental education in Wisconsin? Would you like to develop and promote resources to teachers, families and other organizations in order to enhance the education of children and expose more kids to nature? Interning with Nature Net is a great way to gain experience and get involved. Hear more from one of our past interns!
- 5-10hrs/week (Jan-May): flexible; must be available some weekdays between 9-5 and some special events on evenings/weekends (i.e. Leopold Discovery Day, Maple Syrup Festival, Earth Day Bouquet events, etc.)
- Compensation: unpaid – see opportunities listed below.
- Assist Nature Net staff with regular administrative duties, including management of Nature Express (fieldtrip transportation assistance program), Earth Day Bouquet, Family Nature Clubs, mailings, correspondence, word processing, database entry, preparation of reports, meeting preparation and follow-up, filing, deliveries, etc.
- Assist with communications and activities for Nature Net’s 16-member consortium.
- Assist Nature Net staff in preparing and staffing outreach events, including developing and running educational activities for diverse audiences.
- Develop and coordinate Summer Nature Passport program (multi-site family activity guide).
- Research, produce and edit monthly and seasonal electronic newsletters.
- Write blog posts and other promotional items as needed.
- Update and maintain web-based products and communications, including website, Facebook, blog, and others.
- Other duties and special projects (intern-directed projects are encouraged upon approval).
- At least 18 years of age
- Commitment and reliability
- Cheerful, positive and open attitude and ability to work with public of all ages
- Flexibility and creativity
- Interest in environmental and outdoor education
- Excellent organization and administration skills; ability to multi-task
- General computer skills, including social networking, html, Microsoft Office, publishing design, etc.
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Reliable transportation to Aldo Leopold Nature Center and for outreach events
- Gain experience in a highly successful, well-established network of formal and non-formal educators in South-Central Wisconsin.
- Learn about and help to promote environmental and outdoor education throughout Wisconsin and beyond.
- Gain valuable experience in writing, editing/publishing, program development, communications and outreach.
- Develop and disseminate educational activities and resources for kids, families, teachers, etc.
Nature Net: The Environmental Learning Network is a not-for-profit initiative that provides "one-stop shopping" for environmental education resources for teachers and families of South-Central Wisconsin and beyond. Based at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center, an independent, nonprofit dedicated to outdoor education and environmental awareness, Nature Net is supported solely to share environmental education resources and opportunities with teachers, families and other organizations in order to enhance the education of children and promote “leaving no child inside.”
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in this position are required to send a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Brenna Holzhauer, Special Assistant to Nature Net and Climate Education Center
Nature Net c/o Aldo Leopold Nature Center
330 Femrite Drive, Monona, WI 53716
info [at] naturenet.com / (608) 216-9375