Thursday, June 27, 2013

New Intern Introduction!

Hello from the newest Nature Net intern!

I love to fish! 
My name is Melanie Shibley and I'm a senior at UW majoring in Zoology. I moved to Wisconsin for college, originally being from Minnesota, and took my love of nature with me!

My whole life I was set on becoming the next Steve Irwin, wrangling snakes, mice, toads and every bug imaginable in my back yard. All through my school career, it has stunned me how little my peers knew and cared about the natural world. Upon graduating high school, I decided I wanted to do something about it! And here I am now, helping spread knowledge and love for nature through blog posts, newsletters, Facebook posts, and more. I am excited to be a part of this team and I can't wait to get working. :)

A little about myself:

- I love reptiles! I own a Corn Snake, a Crested Gecko and once I move into my new apartment, a Boa Constrictor! If I had the space and money I'd buy a Burmese python....my family thinks I am crazy.

George the gecko. He's still a baby, and very jumpy!
Nilla the corn snake. She has no red or black pigment,
so she's bubblegum pink! 
- I write a comic for the Daily Cardinal paper, called Scribbles 'n' Bits (which sometimes features animals).

- I'm in the UW Marching band, as a trumpet player. I would say look for me on the field, but once we're in uniform we all look the same!















In the words of my band director, the legendary Mike Leckrone,
See you real soon, and On Wisconsin!

No comments:

Post a Comment